Our Brau SV240 EZboil electric brewery controller is packed with features to make your brew day run on time and with perfect temperature control.
It is the perfect solution for a BIAB (Brew in a Bag) or single vessel brewery. Of course, you can also use the Unibräu controller with a traditional 3 vessel brewing setup.
Let's look at what's under the hood.
- A space saving beefy aluminum enclosure, with quality water resistant aluminum cable strain reliefs make this an attractive and functional controller.
- A 40 amp solid state relay controls the element output.
- Beefy heatsink mounted to the back to dissipate heat and protect the electronics.
- A 30 amp contactor which disconnects the power completely when the element is powered off. We have seen a lot of controllers on the market using just solid state relays to switch the power and we feel that this doesn't completely eliminate the risk of power leakage and therefore, electrocution.
- A 1.5m (5') water heater element cord is wired into the controller with a Nema L6-30 twist lock socket for your water heating element.
- A single pump outlet and manual switch.
- Comes with a 3m (10') 10/4 power cord and is pre-wired with an optional nema 14-30P (4 Wire) Plug.
- High quality industrial rotary style switches.
- Includes an element switch which safely disconnects the power to the element using the built in contactor .
- a panel mounted fuse is built in to protect the electronics.
The EZ-Boil from Auber Instruments is our new favourite temperature regulating device. It is so simple to use, you can start brewing in minutes. A single knob on the front face helps you to dial in your mash temperature and set your mash timer. It comes with a built in alarm to let you know when mash is done, and it can be programmed to easily prevent an overshoot in your mash temperature. Easily switch between Mash and Boil mode. In Boil mode, the controller smoothly controls the boil, (unlike a PID) and can easily be set to alarm you before a boil over happens, plus it automatically dials down the power output at a pre-set temperature before a messy boil over ruins your brew day. While we love the precision that a PID offers, we found that the challenges of perfecting temperatures, and the learning curve of a PID wasn't for everyone. This controller takes all your frustrations away, and maintains within 1 degree of precision which is plenty precise to perfect your brew.
Included is our very own water tight 304 stainless steel Class A RTD PT-100 sensor. Our sensor comes with a braided stainless coated 6' cable with quick disconnects at the panel and at the probe.
Your choice of sensor:
1.5" Tip with a 1/2" MPT thread.
3.5" Tip mounted to a 1.5" Tri-Clamp flange.
For your safety please install into your household electrical panel a GFCI circuit before brewing! A GFCI configuration must use the Nema 14-30P (4 Wire) plug.
At this time we only stock North American plugs. For international customers, a power plug must be locally sourced and wired in. Drop us a line and we can be sure to help.
Download the Auber EZBoil Quick Start guide here.
Download the Auber EZboil manual here.
1 year for the controller and 90 days for the sensor.